You can use Strive with nearly every CDN provider and a various amount of other services related to live video streaming. We will provide information on how to integrate Strive with normal CDNs, etc.
The process of integrating Flink into your infrastructure can be split up in five simple steps:
- Configure your Origin / Streaming Server
- Configure your CDN
- Create a Stream at Strive
- Integrate the Stream in your Website
- Verify Strive Flink is working
Origin / CDN requirements
In order to support Strive Flink properly your Origin or CDN needs to support a few HTTP Features:
- Cross Origin Resource Sharing, because every viewer will get parts of the stream segments from other viewers,
- Range Requests, because every viewer will only fetch a small portion of every stream segment,
- (optional) Batch Range Requests, because our fast-recovery feature will fetch multiple segment parts at once,
- (optional) HEAD Requests, because our fast-tracker feature will only need meta data on your streams segments,
- (optional) HTTPS, because the WebRTC technology our service is working with needs secured data.
Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) is a mechanism that allows restricted resources (e.g. fonts) on a web page to be requested from another domain outside the domain from which the first resource was served. A web page may freely embed cross-origin images, stylesheets, scripts, iframes, and videos.
Range Requests (Byte serving) is the process of sending only a portion of an HTTP/1.1 message from a server to a client.
HEAD Requests (optional)
The HEAD (HTTP Methods) method asks for a response identical to that of a GET request, but without the response body. This is useful for retrieving meta-information written in response headers, without having to transport the entire content.
HTTP Secure (HTTPS) is an extension of the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) for secure communication over a computer network, and is widely used on the Internet. In HTTPS, the communication protocol is encrypted by Transport Layer Security (TLS), or formerly, its predecessor, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). The protocol is therefore also often referred to as HTTP over TLS, or HTTP over SSL.
Strive Flink works with every HTML5 video player! We do not support Flash.
The only thing to do is loading our library before your player's library at your website.